Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • November 2012

Oh boy!! I've been waiting to submit this for months.

1. The Basics

• Name: Clyde Savery (A nod to steam engine creator http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Savery)
    • Skin Color: Pale, he probably doesn't get out as much as he should!
    • Gameplay Bonuses: Exploration and Trade, he's pretty inexperienced so he probably has a combat penalty
    • Backstory: An expert tinkerer and adventurer at heart, Clyde is an unassuming young adult who is always carrying
      around a surprising number of tools (hammers, spanners, monkey wrenches, you
      name it!) while exploring the world of Stratos. Although a first class mechanic
      and inventor, as a captain Clyde is still rather inexperienced and will often
      let his excitement get the better of him leading him to make brash decisions
      and take on more difficult jobs than he probably should. Luckily, with the help
      of his skilled crew and the airship “The Antikythera” (Interesting factoid:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism)
      passed down by his late father, little stands in the way of Clyde’s ambition to
      explore the world and one day make enough money to start his own airship dockyard!

2. Their Face

• Eye Color: Green or Blue maybe?
    • Eye Shape: No strong preference whatever you guys want!
    • Eyebrows: No strong preference whatever you guys want!
    • Nose: No strong preference whatever you guys want!
    • Mouth: No strong preference whatever you guys want!
    • Facial Details: No strong preference whatever you guys want!
    • Facial Accessories: Pair of aviation goggles dangling around his neck maybe
      something like:

3. Their Hair

• Hair Color: Black/Dark Brown
    • Hair Length: No strong preference whatever you guys want!
    • Hair Style: Perhaps in a ponytail? Not sure, if it turns out different (and better) I'd be perfectly okay with that!

4. Their Upper Body & Lower Body

Whole ensemble might look like the following? The theme is the hardworking engineer/inventor!

Other

Feel free to modify if you have other ideas you'd like to try!

7. The Hat

• Clyde wears a newspaperboy cap (blast from the past 1930s!)

8. Other Accessories

• November 2012

Hi there, Reynhart! Thanks for getting this up so quickly. I just have one note about the airship description--you can keep it here for now, but once we open up airship submissions you will have to repost in that forum. Someone else will be in charge of those. That being said, wow! I am curious--how long did it take you to come up with and flesh out The Antikythera? I'm no tech person, but it looks like you put a lot of thought into it. :)
  • November 2012

Hey Alexia,

Yes for sure I'll move the airship part to the right location once that opens up :P. Just could not resist posting it since it's been sitting in a word document since pretty much a week after the Kickstarter got funded. As for the airship idea, I used to tinker a lot with legos and since games like this are not constrained by reality there are a number of aesthetically interesting designs (but probably not practical!) that I personally think would look cool.

Looking forward to the results!

-Reynhart