Views:
Comments:
  • December 2012

1. The Basics
    I wanted to base this captain on my character in FFXI, with people from my guild. I had fond memories since it was the first MMO I played and would be fun to include people I played with.
    • Name: Alora Alexandrus
    • Skin Color: Slightly Tanned
    • Gameplay Bonuses: Big bonus to Defense and small bonus to Trade (cooking!)
    • Backstory:
      Born into the noble Midlands family Alexandrus, the adventurous Alora was never one for an easy life spent sitting at the sides of her wealthy family members. It was evident from an early age that Alora found the traditional ways of the wealthy to be boring and tedious and not at all to her liking. While her parents encouraged her to learn skills befitting her position, Alora preferred to spend her days in the palace kitchen, where she learned to cook, and in the armory amongst the young men training for her father’s guard, where she learned combat skills and quickly came to excel at swordplay, gunplay, and hand-to-hand combat. When she was only sixteen years old, Alora snuck away from her home in the dead of a warm summer night and stole aboard The Scarlet Knight, a frigate manned by nobles serving under Lord Haemon Honoratus. Alora quickly proved herself a brave and valuable member of the crew and rose in the Lord’s esteem. When he was murdered some three years later by a band of pirates in the Badlands, Alora assumed command of The Scarlet Knight and put to death all members of the pirate ship who refused to swear fealty of the Honoratus family. Three pirates chose to set aside their former lives in order to save their futures – Ryu, Asu and Kao. Alora kept a watchful eye on the former pirates and when a mission arose in the Northlands that seemed doomed to end in failure or death, the adventurous Alora chose them as her companions in order to save the rest of the crew. The three of them proved themselves worthy of her trust when they managed to save Alora from a trap that would otherwise have killed her. Together they managed to locate the illusive and famous rapier, Spellbinder, which all had previously believed to be a myth, but Alora was gravely wounded and required medical attention. They sought help at the nearest village and employed a local healer named Kimberlyn to nurse her back to health and to take on the position of ship’s medic. Once Alora was well enough to travel, she visited the local merchants Koryn and Damo and acquired a rare gun, Smallbee, for the price of taking them back onboard The Scarlet Knight as the ship’s merchants. Together as the crew of The Scarlet Knight, they all went on many grand adventures together even to this day.

2. Their Face

• Eye Color: Green
    • Eye Shape: Wide eyed and relaxed
    • Eyebrows: Thin
    • Nose: Small thin
    • Mouth: Faint smile
    • Facial Details: None
    • Facial Accessories: Small round sunglasses

3. Their Hair

• Hair Color: Pure white
    • Hair Length: Shoulder Length
    • Hair Style: Straight
    • Hair Accessories: None

4. Their Upper Body

• Shirt/Top: Black Military Dress Jacket with red buttons
    • Neck/Neck Items: Average neck with necklace with family crest
    • Arms: Porportional
    • Arm Accessories/Details: Highly armored with art style of game
    • Gloves: Heavy gauntlet

5. Their Lower Body

• Pants/Shorts: Jacket goes all the way down in the back, opens in the front. Red dress or shorts
    • Boots/Shoes: High boots or greaves

6. Drapery

• Drapery: Long scarf
    • Drapery Description: Scarlet red

7. The Hat

• Hat Description: No hat
    • Hat Accessories: N/A

8. Other Accessories

• An ornate long Rapier.
    • A small hand gun/musket/revolver. Black with yellow stripes.

9. Their Ship

• Ship Name: The Scarlet Knight
    • Ship Type: Frigate or biggest battleship!
    • Color Scheme: Black body with silver accents, red sails