Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • April 2014

I put this in Steam discussion but this is probably a better place.

Like the ingame tutorial type signs, I was thinking that maybe you could add example pictures in the UI when it talks about different aspects of the game. A great example would be the second sign you run into and it tells about questing. since the UI right now is so large and has so much space where the dialogue is at, you could add a small picture example on the left of the dialogue showing what the dialogue is referring too. IE a NPC with a exclamation over his head or a gold question mark...etc

And who knows maybe even later you could incorporate a talking npc that explains details and shows examples, cutscene tutorials :)

also what about color shading or adding check marks or something to the dialogue selections once you read them to show that they have already been viewed. You kind of do that already with the quest ? question marks, they go from green to grey anfter you read a quest. Need something of the same for standard dialogue selections. 

Great work so far, I'll keep exploring..

• April 2014

crazy fonts this is the blacked out parts..

also what about color shading or adding check marks or something to the dialogue selections once you read them to show that they have already been viewed. You kind of do that already with the quest ? question marks, they go from green to grey anfter you read a quest. Need something of the same for standard dialogue selections.
  • April 2014

That's an interesting suggestion with the already selected topics. I can tell you that the final goal for the tutorial should be to have no more signs and have actual over lays that show exactly what needs to be explains. We just need to finalize the tutorial more, i hope that sounds good to you :D
  • April 2014

Understood, The only issue I really had with the game mechanics so far was the how to move things on your island. I think it was a little confusing because at this time you really don't seem to have any movement or camera controls on any island except your own. I was trying to place things I crafted and it kept being red because of all the grass. Other than that everything seems to be understood for someone that has played a standard RPG type game before.