Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • April 2014

This is a comment for PC users.

I find that, to accept or redeem a quest, there are too many clicks of the mouse that need to be done.
    Considering that the clicks are in three, four and sometimes five different parts of the screen, it becomes somewhat tiresome.

Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.
    Quest giving and redeeming used to be more streamlined ...

• April 2014

Hi Boris, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments! I wanted to ask if you could clarify what you meant by it being more streamlined in the past. If we are thinking about the same thing i believe the click flow is:
    To get a quest: Click person > Click topic > Click speech window > Click accept on pop up window > End vonco
    To turn in a quest: Click person > Click topic > Click speech window > End convo

So I don't think the number of clicks has changed at all, at which click parts do you feel the space or process is too tiresome? And just in case you did not know the entire speech window is clickable not just the arrow :)

I want to make sure everything is as easy as possible so I would love to get this clarified and fixed if needed!
  • April 2014

Hi Susan. Thanks for taking the time to answer this comment.

Maybe "tiresome" was a bit harsh. As I say, it's not that much of a bother.  

I just had the impression that we now have to do more clicks per quest than before.
    Or at least you have to keep moving the mouse around for the next click.

Not quite sure what you mean that the whole window can be clicked ... Sounds good, actually.
    I'll have to check it out tomorrow, as I have already exhausted all quests for today, and it's nearly midnight here in England :)

• April 2014

Well it used to be that you had to click the little arrow at the bottom/right of the speech window to advance the text, but you can now click the entire speech window of the NPC, so you can actually leave your mouse (or finger) in the middle of the screen where the speech topic options and npc speech window over lap to go through the whole conversation. 

It's okay if you didn't know that because it's not explicitly explained, but if knowing that solves the problem for you then we know all we have to do is teach people that in the guided tutorial later. If it however doesn't fix it I do always welcome any feedback to the UI :) And tiresome wasn't too harsh, we just want to try our best to figure out why you and others might feel that way so it won't be an issue.