Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • November 2014

Some of this might be changing over time, but this is currently the plan for SBO! 

• November 2014

Looks great, but the timeline doesn't appeal me! :p But it's understandable!
    Looking forward!
  • December 2014

Thanks! :D
  • December 2014

Just noticed that two weeks from Beta0 is about now. So, how is the update going? Still on track for Beta1 some time in the next week?
  • December 2014

It's looking more like early january for Beta1.  A lot of folks on the team are taking time off for the holidays, and some of us are working through the holidays (actually, I think it's just me :-p ).  We did a bunch of internal playthroughs of the game and found a lot of unfun stuff that we need to fix before we can be proud of Beta1.  The big things we're looking at are combat, the first few hours of gameplay, and some usability issues.

My philosophy on Beta1 (which is the start of beta) is that it should be functional, fun, and relatively balanced.  Beta1 should give you a good idea of what the final game will be like, minus a good chunk of later content that we're still working on.  When the team is happy with it, we'll launch Beta1 :-)
  • December 2014

Thanks for the update, Jason! Be sure to take at least a little time for yourself over the holidays :)
  • December 2014

But where's the office nerf war and pajama party?
  • December 2014

Haha those would be awesome! 
  • July 2015

Bumping this thread since I updated the roadmap a few weeks ago :-)
  • July 2015

Saw the changes some time ago, but I'm still waiting patiently specially the new resource system! :D
  • July 2015

I actually just finished setting them up in the game this morning :-)  I think we might release a patch this weekend with those changes (and a few other interesting changes)
  • July 2015

Uh, glad to hear this even if I'll be very busy and won't be able to test in ASAP!
  • July 2015

Awesome! Looking forward to more stuff to do in town.
  • July 2015

Still waiting, mate, still waiting! :D
  • July 2015

I got pretty sick last week and fell behind on everything.  Also trying to find another programmer for the project to help speed things up.  Shooting for patch testing this weekend for the resource patch :-)
  • July 2015

Oh, sorry to hear that; oki, few more days! :D
    And don't think some basic C# and Unity mobile knowledge can help that much, ey? I'm working on a mobile game, but very busy RL and "stuck" a bit at graphics.
  • August 2015

Kind of looking for someone with lots of experience  :-/  Luckily, I think I found someone last week that might be a huge help.  I had to spend a lot of time recruiting and meeting people, so I got very little done on the game.  I think I am going to stop giving estimates for when things will be ready until my schedule is actually stable >_>
  • August 2015

Eh, I'll keep looking, but, at the moment, I'm on pause with my Unity training as I got a new job, but what about a technical designer? That's something I can do as I have some experience with balancing game mechanics and I just love number, statistics, algorithms and everything that requires an analytical thinking.
  • August 2015

I'll PM you :-)
  • January 2016

So where are you up to now?

I stopped playing a while ago, just so I didn't burn out before full release, as has happened on other games.
  • January 2016

Still in Beta1, but very close to Beta2.  I think we'll hit Beta2 at the end of the month, and Beta3 probably around March.
  • March 2016

Just wanted to check on the status and see how things were going, just reloaded the game a few days ago and it looks like a lot has changed..
  • March 2016

We're still technically in Beta1, but there's already some beta2 features in place.  I'll be sending out a status update some time this week with details on how things have been going, and when future stuff will come in :-)
  • May 2016

So, how are things going? Did the missing side missions get fixed yet? (I've been holding off on playing until they're back in.)
  • May 2016

Going slow, sadly :-(  We're scaling back on the scope of what we wanted to do so we can get to launch quicker.  On top of that, I've been learning more about the business side of things to find investment funding to help bring the team on full-time so we can wrap the game up asap.  No ETA yet, but it feels like we'll be making a cool announcement early next month.
  • May 2016

Been while, but I'm still here, watching and waiting! :) Well, I'm glad to hear that you have a surprise for use next month, Jason!
    Cheers and good luck, people!
  • June 2016

is this project stil alive ? any info? greetings
  • June 2016

Still alive, but going slowly.  I'll be putting out a kickstarter update with some news within the next few days.  We just brought some more folks onto the team and will be making some good progress soon :-)
  • June 2016

Thanks for the update Jason.  Good to see you'll be working on the classic revive of System Shock also.