Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • January 2014

So I'm not sure if  this is a bug or if you're just fixing something, but all my captain's quests are gone except for a bandit raid.  Once I complete the bandit raid, I can no longer do captains quests until the bandit raid comes off cooldown
  • January 2014

All mine are still available and working fine, so guessing you found a bug.  What level is your captains garage?
  • January 2014

The menu for captain missions is a major WIP.

Right now, if the captain you currently have selected doesn't have good enough stats to complete a mission, it simply doesn't appear in the selection menu. Look for some major improvements in the future!

But just in case this is a bug, what captain did you have on your island at the time?
  • January 2014

I don't think stats are the issue.  I have Aislynn Far Reacher and Maya Athelas.  Both are level 10, and all quests are gone except for the bandit raid.  One garage is level one, the other is level 2
  • January 2014

• January 2014

There's a screenshot of my captain missions.  I tried re-hiring different captains and that didn't work.
  • January 2014

Interesting, it may have to do with having multiple garages or upgrading them.

Noted and testing!
  • January 2014

If that's the case, I can give you some more information.  I've had both garages for a while now, they both seem to have the same exact missions save for ones invisible due to what I assume to be a cooldown time before you can redo them.

When I still had one garage at level 1, I only had a set of easy missions, aka 40-50 gold cost with about 100 gold reward missions.  When I upgraded that to level 2, I started getting missions that would cost 600-800 gold.  When I built my second garage, I was getting both both the easy and the harder missions in the new garage, but I never upgraded it to level 2.
  • January 2014

Let me know if there's anything you want me to test.
  • January 2014

I should also note one thing.  This didn't happen for a long time even when I had both captain's garages.  It just suddenly happened last night.
  • January 2014

I should also note one thing.  This didn't happen for a long time even when I had both captain's garages.  It just suddenly happened last night.

Good feedback. That helps a lot because a few server updates were made.

Also, the way missions work (again this is due to the fact that it's UI is going to be overhauled), once you complete a basic mission, it's next tier is unlocked for all garages. What missions you get are not currently tied to the lvl of the Garage. In the future, it will be a hybrid of both conditions.
  • January 2014

I also have all the harder missions available in my second garage which is still level 1.  I'm using Maya and Alora, both geared up with a variety of stuff to increase their stats.  All missions still available for me, will watch incase mine also disappear.
  • January 2014

Any ideas on whats causing this issue?  I'm still stuck doing bandit raids only.  I've upgraded to level 4 garages now, and still nothing.
  • January 2014

I'm starting to think that the issue is not with the Captain's Garage.

I deleted both garages, and rebuilt starting from level 1.  Still no quests.
  • January 2014

I noticed today that my first garage that I recently upgraded to level 4 or so does not have access to the newly unlocked tier of missions, yet has the better of my two captains fully geared with very high stats.

My second garage that is still level 1 does have access to them, yet has a captain with minimal stats.

I would guess there's some bugginess going on with having two garages.

Also, the way missions work (again this is due to the fact that it's UI is going to be overhauled), once you complete a basic mission, it's next tier is unlocked for all garages. What missions you get are not currently tied to the lvl of the Garage. In the future, it will be a hybrid of both conditions.

Since the account gets flagged this way, wouldn't a bug with mission flagging exist even after deleting garages?
  • January 2014

I have now deleted the garages a second time.  I'm running a single garage now.  Still no missions.  In fact, all missions have disappeared as opposed to just having the bandit raids.
  • January 2014

Thanks for the reports, everyone, we are looking in this. It's quite an interesting bug but we know something very odd is going on with the garages, their levels, and the missions.
  • January 2014

Double post wheeeeewwww.

This issue has been identified and is being worked on. On our next game client update, you should see the issue fixed with the missions disappearing. Missions are now sorted into tiers, and the next tier of missions will become available as the garage is upgraded. Be aware, this is not the final version of how these things will work, look for GUI and functionality updates in the future!
  • January 2014

Out of curiosity, what exactly was the cause of the missions disappearing?  Is there anything I can do or avoid to do right now so that I can go on missions?