Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • January 2014

I'm getting a desync since I picked up an engine part in Eagerman fields. I am currently stuck as the game always tries to load me there now. Soon as I login it starts to load the fields, says I picked up an engine part, then promptly desyncs.
  • January 2014

Same here... now i completely can't play this game. Everytime i login i got desync. Cant you please teleport my character to home lol?

That happened in eagerman fields after i get Engine Parts. Restart doesnt help.

Here is the video: http://www.screenr.com/nS8N
  • January 2014

bump
  • January 2014

We are aware of this problem, it has been reported by people here as well: https://www.steambanditsoutpost.com/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/321/bug-engine-parts-at-eagerman-fields/p1

We know this is a very serious problem and are looking into fixing it as fast as possible. Thanks for sticking with us so far and telling us how big of an issue it is!
  • January 2014

Come on fix it fast.. a least ┬┤make it so that at login you start at home ... This really suck.. cant play the game at all.. its ok with bugs at this stage but this is to much.. i didt pay 30 $ for nothing...
  • January 2014

Agree, fix it by teleporting us to home location please. We want to play.
  • January 2014

This should actually be fixed now, on the server side.  Is it still broken for you?  in our test before the fix, we were able to get error 5/5 times.  After applying the server fix, we were able to complete the quest without error every time.

So the quest itself no longer causes this error when played normally, but I'm concerned that the state its in where its sort of trying to replay that last moment before the crash is causing an issue for you.   The fix went in at about 1:30am PST early wednesday morning.
  • January 2014

We are working on the fix as quickly as possible.

If we simply restart everyone's home location, you will likely run into the same bug again somewhere else. Instead, we will fix the issue so everyone can play. Hang in there a while longer guys!
  • January 2014

This should actually be fixed now, on the server side.  Is it still broken for you?  in our test before the fix, we were able to get error 5/5 times.  After applying the server fix, we were able to complete the quest without error every time.

Still broken for me, upon logging in tells me I picked up the engine parts and then instant desync.
  • January 2014

Still cant play, desync everytime.
  • January 2014

That's odd.  I wonder if steam actually distributed you the new client fix we published around 2am.  Did you notice any patching when it launched the game? 

You could try verifying your steam cache for the game and seeing if it suddenly gives you a new patch.  We're having some steam problems here, with key distribution and updates, so its a possibility.  When testing this, I did get myself into the problem situation where it got into a desync loop.  But after the fix, it broke out of it.  I'll be gathering more information out of the server today.
  • January 2014

I definitely didn't get any new client when I booted up steam today, and verifying seems to have done nothing.  Is there a version number somewhere we can check? Initialize engine version: 4.3.1f1 (cebd4d9b5122)?

Edit: Steam Bandits just updated a couple mins after posting this, no desync yet.
  • January 2014

I booted steam and there was no patch.  I even had steam redownload the client.

Edit: I did it again, and there was a patch this time.
  • January 2014

This was all my bad... >_>  I thought I submitted a new build to Steam last night, but I never clicked the last button out of the 3 buttons I need to click to make a build live.  I was prettttty tired.  Steam should have the new build within 20 minutes now.
  • January 2014

Yeah I just checked.  If you don't get the automatic update, you can right click steam bandits -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache and it will download the update.  It looks like it is fixed at least for the blue leaf.
  • January 2014

This is fixed for me. joker, can you add [Resolved] to the thread title?
  • January 2014

Emily said:

This is fixed for me. joker, can you add [Resolved] to the thread title?

Added :)