Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Views:
Comments:
  • January 2014

Here is a list of all the bugs that have been reported with the game.  Please look for your bug in the list before creating a new forum post on it.  Players should keep in mind that [Resolved] bugs may not come into effect until the next update.  When posting bug reports, please give as many details as possible about the situation surrounding the bug and any additional information on replicating the bug.

*********************************************IMPORTANT*********************************************
    If you find yourself getting a bug that has already been [Resolved], please check to make sure you have the NEWEST
    version of the game.  You can do this by following the instructions below:
    1. Open Steam
    2. Click "View Games Library" under the "Games" menu at the top
    3. Right Click "Steam Bandits: Outpost" then click "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Local Files" Tab i n the new window that pops up
    5. Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

This will check for any updates to the client and immediately download it to your computer.  You can find your
    current build at the top of the screen when you have your game client open.

*********************************************IMPORTANT*********************************************

Current Game Build: 0.2.3a

The following is a list of the currently known bugs and their status.  This list does not include any items that are still under development.

Combat Bugs:

Building Bugs

UI Bugs

Atmid Island Bugs

Snake Grass Enclave Bugs

Coggler's Karst Bugs

Pet Bugs

Misc Bugs

• January 2014

Most of those should be fixed at this point, or when the next client drops, probably some time today.  we appreciate the reports.  However, I would like some more information about some of them.  

Most importantly, the REPORT BUG button not working.
    We are seeing it function correctly - its placing bug reports that we can examine, it does not post them to this forum.  We are receiving reports via that system.   Maybe its only working for some users.  Is it telling you that the bug report is failing?  If it succeeds, it should say so.  On our end we get a screenshot (if you enabled that) and your description text.  

Then there's the windmill issue.  The windmill doesn't take more than one gear (verified in debugger), however, there are three separate gears located on the island.  During testing we collected two gears, then attempted to activate all three windmills.  It correctly let us activate two but not three.  Then we collected the final gear, and activated the final windmill, which worked.  Maybe there's a factor in here, that we are't seeing.  You mentioned that the windmills can be interacted with, even after interacting.  Did it actually show a progress bar and consume another gear when you did that, or were they merely selectable, but not interactible.  

Thanks for the information though, these reports are helping us stabilize this alpha.

• January 2014

Ok, I know these will be fixed at some point.  What I'm hoping for is to start a thread to document all the known/fixed bugs so people have somewhere to search before prowling forums for re-posts.  I've played a significant amount of games where bug testing was an issue, and forum posts seem to always be a mess without an index of bug reports, so this is just a list of what is known and what is fixed.

Since I'm stuck with a permanent desync upon login, I can't do any further testing to see what specifically the bugs are, so I have limited information for you right now.

The REPORT BUG button: I have attempted at least 3 times to report a bug.  Each time was from the login screen before I got into the game.  I always get an error saying "Sorry, but the bug was not sent successfully.  Pleaes use the bug report tools on the Steam Bandits: Outpost website to report this so that it can be fixed."  (and yes, there's a typo in "please" in the message that pops up).

The windmill issue may or may not be a bug due to desync...and again, I cannot test this right now.  I collected all 3 gears, then ran into desync with the unlucky adventurer.  Then when I loaded the game, my character was frozen in place and I had to restart everything -- Steam and my client and re login into the game.  Afterwards, I tested the unlucky adventurer a few times and then proceeded to finish the windmills.  I'm not sure what specifically happens to my save information in the desync and what info is saved/lost, but when I got back to the windmills, the first windmill I clicked worked (rightmost windmill), the second and third windmills I tried to use didn't work.  It said I didn't have a gear.  I speculated that it was because the windmill took all 3 gears, but it could also be other issues for example, if the desync rolled back my save to before I took the windmill gears.  As such, I cannot do anymore testing until I can get back into the game, hopefully sometime today.
  • January 2014

Ok I'm back in the game now.  I'll see the patch fixes anything.
  • January 2014

Good points. We will consider doing something like this! The only thing I want to avoid is people seeing a bug listed in a topic and then being silent about it.

If 20 people are experiencing a bug, it can be helpful to know that all those users are being affected. Sometimes there are minor differences each one of them and that can be key to figuring out what is wrong.

Let us know with the current game version (make sure it has had to update since last night) and let us know what changed.
  • January 2014

Tested the report bug function.  It apparently works in game, but not on the login screen.
  • January 2014

Windmills seem to still be broken
  • January 2014

Windmills seem to still be broken

In what way?
  • January 2014

Same way that was discussed earlier.  I cannot do anything to the other two windmills.  There are no more gears on the island.  They didn't respawn.  So I'm stuck unable to finish the quest.
  • January 2014

Same way that was discussed earlier.  I cannot do anything to the other two windmills.  There are no more gears on the island.  They didn't respawn.  So I'm stuck unable to finish the quest.

I have a feeling that this is because we fixed the issue, but you were partway through it when the fix was applied. We will look into this and see what can be done.

• January 2014

Ok, I'll try abandoning the quest and redoing it.
  • January 2014

Ok I see what the issue was.  Apparently it looked like i was clicking the windmill, but I was clicking the water tank underneath it.
  • January 2014

Ok I see what the issue was.  Apparently it looked like i was clicking the windmill, but I was clicking the water tank underneath it.

This threw me off too at first, the water tanks should probably be moved up a square so they don't look like they're the base of the windmills.
  • January 2014

So once the Heading to Atmid Quest is abandoned, I can't pick it up again.
  • January 2014

Palderon said:

This threw me off too at first, the water tanks should probably be moved up a square so they don't look like they're the base of the windmills.
    Very true. We (the designers) are going to address this. Looking at it right now, they look like one object because of the placement. Great feedback.

So once the Heading to Atmid Quest is abandoned, I can't pick it up again.

Noted and investigating!
  • January 2014

Inaccessable Berry Bush.

In the Uncommon Supply Island, there is a crate next to a berry bush and it's in a position where you cannot access the harvest location for the berry bush.  (not sure if uncommon supply islands are randomized)
  • January 2014

Inaccessable Berry Bush.

In the Uncommon Supply Island, there is a crate next to a berry bush and it's in a position where you cannot access the harvest location for the berry bush.  (not sure if uncommon supply islands are randomized)

Fixed! Will be updated in next patch.
  • January 2014

I've looked through the forums.  List has been updated to include anything I may have missed in the forums.
  • January 2014

The Corgi may cause a desync.  I've replicated it twice but I can't find a pattern of any sort.  Essentially it happens sometimes when you set it as the primary pet and then recall/deploy it.  I went through it pretty quickly, but I'm not sure specifically what order made it drop.
  • January 2014

Ok I'm sure now.  It happens when the corgi is already deployed and then you set it as primary.  Gives message "Already equipped 89" then desyncs and logs out.
  • January 2014

This bug has been replicated by the team and is now logged as a confirmed issue. We will take a look at it.
  • January 2014

you guys should really sticky this post when you have the time.
  • January 2014

Updated: All bugs now directly link to the forums post that discusses them.  If anyone sees that a bug is resolved and I haven't changed it, please let me know here.

All "bugs" that are simply due to the fact that the devs haven't gotten that far in development yet have been removed from this list.
  • January 2014

Build: 0.1.1914
    Bug: Equipping 'Decent Shirt' to 'Sivvers Farwalker' reduces his overall survival rating, he gets more by wearing nothing!
    Reproduction: Equip a 'Decent shirt' to Captian 'Sivvers Farwalker', watch his base survival (going from shirtless) go from 4, to 2!!

Bug: Unable to submit bugs via game, just says sending forever, tried multiple times (Aware this is possibly an issue)
  • February 2014

With the 0.2.x build, the bugs list has been reset and will be updated as bugs are reported.
  • February 2014

On Rivet's Isle, when I go toward the monster den, I run into a rat (not inside the den). When I try to fight the rat, I cannot select any fight options except "heal" for one captain. I therefore cannot finish setting actions for all 3 in the party, and I am blocked from proceeding. 

I also cannot submit a bug with a screenshot at that point - tried a few times and it says it is unable to do so. When I log out or quit and then come back, I am back near the Rest Station.

ETA: Encountering the same problem (cannot selection actions, cannot send bug report) with the first batch of enemies on a common skirmish island, the rats on the quests off Atmid, etc. It's basically a game breaker for me currently.
  • February 2014

I tried to upgrade the captains garage to level 3.  Though I was able to spend the resources neither of the two garages on my second island upgraded.
  • February 2014

Since I don't have a "report a bug" button, I'll put this here.  I'm on an Uncommon Supply Island and this rock is blowing raspberries at me while I stare longingly at these berries.  http://i.imgur.com/t6mJ6Yb.jpg
  • March 2014

Hey guys, I've started a new job and don't have enough time to keep up with the bug reports list anymore.  If anyone at Iocane wants to take over, please do so.
  • July 2014

I'm not really a GUI spending much time in forum so I love such sticky threads I can get an easy overview of all known open bug's.

If I did read right this topic is no more updated and I really need to spend much time in Forum to search for bugs before I report them?
    Cause if they are in single topics it really takes a lot more time to find if a bug is already reported or not.

Or should we report all bugs with ingame button even if it's reported by every User?

In my opinion it's a waste of time for you to sort this reportings out - sure you can't be sure all ppl. look into forum before they post but if an update sticky existst this might be easy for them and they will do more often, so you'll save some time too.

Same for all suggestions ppl. forward to you.

Just my opinion :)